Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Living According to False Beliefs

We all live according to false beliefs. Bringing such beliefs to light is an important step in our deconditioning process. A few random false beliefs:
"Because my father abandoned me when I was a child, I must go through life abandoning the people close to me."
"If I make a mistake, I will die."
"I don't have time to feel what I am feeling, because I have to figure it all out."
"I have to get where I go by suffering."
"When I start to feel good, I must remember to feel bad, because I didn't feel good before."
"Because my mother withheld intimacy from me when I was small, I cannot offer intimacy for the rest of my life."
"If I leave him, I'll die."
"I can't be happy, because if I allow myself to be happy, I might be humiliated."
"I must earn and deserve every good thing I get." etc.etc..etc..
"I shouldn't laugh so often, because I am sad."
"I should seek love, because I cannot live alone.".......

No comments: